Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jess' Journal

The SOVEREIGNTY of our God!!


The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; And His sovereignty rules over all (Psalm 103:19).

 But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases (Psalm 115:3).

 For I know that the LORD is great, And that our Lord is above all gods. 6 Whatever the LORD pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps (Psalm 135:5-6)

The last 2 weeks the Lord has been working in my heart to reveal his sovereignty. Before this call to Mexico, I don't think that I ever really thought much about this characteristic of God. As the weeks begin to fade away and our leaving date approaches quickly, I find myself grasping for peace. The thought of leaving my comfort zone of family, friends, language, food, etc. is hard in its self...but then you add the obvious safety factor... its incomprehensible! Many nights I lay awake thinking about all the "what ifs". And only when I place my focus back on Christ, do I have peace. Nothing can happen to me or my family without the LORD allowing it. This does not mean that nothing bad will ever happen to us...but it does mean that the LORD is fully in control and HE will receive all the glory in every situation...good or bad. So tonight, I am praising GOD for peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment